In 1822, a team of missionaries from London Mission Society had visited Kadapa. The missionaries had built hostels and school buildings in CSI compound. The LMS helped so many poor and down traden people by providing free food, shelter and also education. Their services have reached people to uplift their social standards.
Later, the L.M.S and such other mission societies were united and formed as The Church of South India on 27 September 1947. Ever since the church in Kadapa town was named as CSI Town Church. There was no proper church building to this congregation in Kadapa. They were gathering in a weaving shed in CSI high school compound, Kadapa. After much prayers and sincere efforts of all the members in the congregation, the construction of the new church building has been proposed and initiated. The foundation stone of this church was laid on 26 January 1984 by His grace The Rt. Rev. L.V. Azariah, the then Bishop of the Rayalaseema Diocese. It was built with the help of the members of local congregation and with the generous support of other well wishers. This church was dedicated on 28 May 2001 by His Grace, The Most Rt. Rev. B. P. Sugandhar, the then Moderator of the Church of South India in the presence of the then Bishop of CSI Rayalaseema Diocese, His grace, The Rt. Rev. C.B.M. Federick.
The website of CSI Central Church, Kadapa is designed and developed during the service time of Rev P.D.S.J. Benhur – Presbyter and is made live on 20th December 2015 during the service time of Rev P. Isaac Babu – Presbyter & Chairman.
- THE RT.Rev. C.B.M. Fredrick, Bishop in Rayalaseema
- The RT.REV. K.B.Yesuvaraprasad, Divisional Chairman
- REV. I.M.N. Jyothi, Presbyter-in-charge
- Mr.G. Samuel Babu, Secretary
- Mr. N.S. Bhaskar David, Treasurer
- Mr.N.D. Chandra Sekhar, Treasurer (Construction)
- Mr. N.J. Bhaskar Rao
- Mr. V. Veera Bhaskar Rao
- Mr. S. Jeevan Kumar
- Mr. P. Jayaraj
- Mr. B.L. Francis
- Mr. V. Jeeva Prakash
- Mrs. K.E. Srilatha